Aztec Grain Salad
1 ½ cups Quinoa, dry
1 ¾ cups New granny smith apples, peeled, cored, cubed ¾”
1¾ cups New butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cubed ½”
1 Tbsp Canola oil
¼ tsp Ground ginger
¾ tsp Ground cinnamon
¼ cup Frozen orange juice concentrate
1 ½ Tbsp Excess virgin olive oil
1 tsp Honey
1/3 tsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp Crimson wine vinegar
1/8 tsp Salt
1 sprint Ground black pepper
1 sprint Ground white pepper
½ tsp Clean cilantro, chopped
Optional: use more cilantro as a garnish
1/3 cup Dried cranberries, finely chopped
1/3 cup Golden raisins, seedless, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 °F.
2. Rinse quinoa in a fine mesh strainer till water operates very clear, not cloudy. Merge quinoa and 3 cups drinking water in a medium pot. Go over and carry to a boil. Switch heat down to small and simmer right up until drinking water is fully absorbed, about 10-15 minutes. When finished, quinoa will be smooth and a white ring will pop out of the kernel. The white ring will look only when it is absolutely cooked. Fluff with a fork. Address and refrigerate. A rice cooker may perhaps be utilised with the same quantity of quinoa and h2o.
3. Combine apples and squash in a substantial mixing bowl. Add canola oil, V tsp ginger, and ¼ tsp cinnamon. Toss very well to coat.
4. Pour apples/squash combination onto a significant baking sheet and put in oven at 400 °F. Roast for 15 minutes or until finally squash is delicate and marginally brown on the edges. Do not overcook. Eliminate and established apart to awesome.
5. In a medium mixing bowl, incorporate orange juice, olive oil, honey, Dijon mustard, crimson wine vinegar, salt, peppers, cilantro, and remaining ginger and cinnamon. Whisk together to make dressing.
Planning Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Tends to make six 1-cup servings
Vitamins and minerals Per Serving: Energy 298, Protein 6 g, Carbohydrate 54 g, Dietary Fiber 6 g, Whole Fats 8 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol mg, Vitamin A 3392 IU (171 RAE),Vitamin C 15 mg, Iron 2 mg, Calcium 44 mg, Sodium 58 mg
6. In a large mixing bowl, blend quinoa, apples/squash blend, cranberries, raisins, and dressing. Toss properly to combine. If wished-for, garnish with additional cilantro. Go over and refrigerate for about 2 hours. Serve chilled.
1 cup supplies 1/8 cup vegetable, 3/8 cup fruit, and 1 oz equivalent grains.